The Think Before You Munch List:
Foods you can eat, but only if you follow the rules.
- Hard shell tacos, pretzels, Doritos, Fritos, Cheetos, etc.: Break into small pieces, chew with back teeth.
- Fruits and veggies: Cut into small pieces, chew with back teeth. Don’t bite with front teeth.
- Corn on the cob: Cut the corn off the cob.
- Chicken, steak, port chops, and ribs: Cut meat off bone, then eat.
- Gum: Make sure it’s Trident with xylitol!
The Don’t Even Think About It List:
Foods you may not eat.
- Nuts, slim jims, beef jerky
- Tootsie Rolls, caramels, Rolos, Snickers, Butterfingers, frozen candy bars
- Candy canes, lollipops, Jolly Ranchers, Skittles, Nerds
- Starbursts, Twizzlers, Fruit Roll-Ups, taffy, Air Heads, gummy bears, bubble gum
- …anything hard, sticky, or chewy!
Other things that break appliances:
- Chewing pens and pencils
- Chewing nails
- Using your teeth to open things
- Picking your teeth with your fingers